"When I plug the USB cable nothing happens. If I press the watch to the charging clamps, the battery animation appears and when I stop pressing the watch, the watch behaves as if it was unplugged. If I continue pressing, it charges fine."
Why is this happening:
The retractable charger pins, being the only mechanical part, are particularly vulnerable to being damaged. Incorrect or careless use of the charger might permanently damage one or both pins. Please take extra care while mounting the watch on the charger.
What to do next
First of all, please try verifying if this is indeed the issue described above:
- press the watch firmly against the charger and see if it starts charging
- make sure that the cable is put tightly into the charger
- verify if the charger pins are of the same height and take a photo that will allow us to confirm this
- please check if charging initiates when you squeeze the clamp open and touch the pins to the contacts directly
- to ensure that it is not the cable that is faulty, please try using a similar cable (micro USB) from a different device (e.g. your smartphone)
Once you have done so, please let us know (and include the relevant photo) and we will send you a replacement charger.