To ensure a problem-free connection between Swimmo and your iPhone, please make sure that the requirements below are met.
Bluetooth is turned ON
Make sure to simply have Bluetooth turned ON.
Internet access ON for best experience
If Internet access is disabled, the app will still work but some certain features may not be available e.g. integrations and the leaderboards. Internet access also improves workouts/data sync as well as allows the app to save your workouts in the cloud safely. For best experience keep Internet access ON.
Personal Hotspot OFF for better connectivity
If you have a personal hotspot turned on please turn it off as it may interfere with your Bluetooth connection.
Verify that Swimmo app has proper permissions
- Location is set to Always
- Background App Refresh is ON (used for hands-free workout sync)
- Mobile Data is ON
Verify that you are using the latest iOS
If you are using 10.x, where Bluetooth connectivity was severely impaired in early releases, please make sure to use at least iOS 10.1+ version.
Verify that your device is supported
- Every iPhone released since the year 2012 is supported. iPhones 4S and above. At the time of writing, it means all of the following: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
- iPod Touch: The only models with Bluetooth Low Energy are iPod Touch 5G, iPod Touch 6G. They should work just fine with Swimmo app too.
- iPad: We don't currently support iPad, but will pursue to do so at earliest possible timeframe, depending on user interest. If you want iPad support, let us know.
If "Authorization key incorrect" error message occurs...
Please read on here for full description and quick solution.
If connectivity issues still persist...
Some iPhones have one hardware antenna which is usually sharing resources between Internet/WiFi connection as well as Bluetooth connections.
Verify there is no some heavy data transfer in the background - usually from apps like photo sync, files sync (Box.com, Dropbox, etc) - as this may affect the performance of the hardware antenna.
To make sure that this is not a temporary glitch, please do the following:
- Reboot your phone
- Put Swimmo next to your phone
- Activate Bluetooth on your phone
- Open the Swimmo app
- Let Swimmo app connect to your watch (please try it a few times if it doesn't happen the first time)
If none of the above helps, please check that Swimmo is advertising and follow instructions there.
We are also here to help. Contact us via Technical Help form with your phone model, iOS version and detailed list of things which you already tried out.